Office of Academic Affairs
Welcome to the Office of Academic Affairs!
The Office of Academic Affairs works in concert with the president, academic deans, department chairs, faculty, staff, students, and university governance representations to fulfill its administrative and institutional responsibilities for academic and student affairs at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso, including:
- Formulating and implementing academic and administrative policies
- Coordinating educational support programs for our students
- Evaluating academic resources, including oversight of the library
- Ensuring accreditation compliance
- Building a robust pipeline of students as future healthcare and research professionals to serve the unique needs of our border population
- Expanding progressive, innovative, and evidence-based degree programs that are responsive to professional standards and market and healthcare needs
- Advancing student achievement through a commitment and dedication to continuous innovation in education and teaching
- Cultivating integrated healthcare teams by promoting inter-professional education
- Developing and retaining an outstanding group of teacher-scholars, researchers, and clinicians that comprise an empowered faculty body
In addition, the Office of Academic Affairs works closely with the executive leadership in strategic planning. The Office is led by the Vice President for Academic Affairs, who also serves as the Chief Academic Officer.